Monday, January 28, 2008

Pinch Me, I Think I'm Dreaming!

The other day I went to the Museum of Arts & Design (www.madmuseum.org) to see Pricked: Extreme Embroidery, and let me tell you, it was one of the more inspiring shows I've seen in a while. A collection of women & men using embroidery in traditional & non-traditional ways to convey their ideas in all sorts of ways - an amazing stream of consciousness embroidery collage, a kind of "thread fusion" of Bush with Osama, a banner of embroidered handkerchiefs, beautifully rendered "memories" on found furniture upholstery, and one of my favorites, Andrea Dezso's wall of separately framed embroidered pieces. Each panel tells a belief her mother held - some sad, some humorous, some disturbing. Her style is close to my heart, I have to say:



Lordy! Do go see this doggone show!! Until April 27, 2008

- Nora.

No comments: